Terms, conditions & copyright
The University is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site and in the material appearing on the site. The material includes but is not limited to works such as images, artwork, text, data, files, audio/visual clips, illustrations, designs and documentation (the ‘Content’) and the collection, arrangement and assembly of the Content. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Subject to statutory allowances, extracts of the Content from the site may be accessed, downloaded and printed for your personal and non-commercial use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the site.
Unless explicitly stated, licensed or permitted by us, you may not:
- use any part of the Content on the site for direct or indirect commercial purposes or advantage without obtaining a licence to do so from the University or its licensors
- modify or alter the paper or digital copies of any Content printed off or downloaded in any way
- sell, resell, license, transfer, transmit, display in any form, perform, hire, lease or loan any Content or University Material in whole or in part printed or downloaded from the site
- systematically extract and/or re-utilise substantial parts of the Content from the site
- create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of this site.
Nothing contained in the site shall be taken, construed or considered as a grant of licence or right to use the trademarks of the University of Edinburgh or that of any third party displayed on the site without the prior written permission of the respective owner/s.
The University of Edinburgh has made every reasonable effort to locate, contact and acknowledge copyright owners and wishes to be informed by any copyright owners who are not properly identified and acknowledged on this site so that we may make any necessary corrections.